- Nissan Skyline 2000 GTR Hakosuka for the first time was introduced on February 4 1969 and manufactured for three years till 1972.
- In three years of manufacturing Nissan produced 1,945 road cars in total including PGC10 and KPGC10.
- Nissan Skyline 2000 GTR is powered by legendary Nissan’s 2.0 liter DOHC straight-six S20 engine, which produces 160 hp (119 KW) at 7000 rpm and 130 lb-ft of torque at 5600 rpm.
- Top Speed of Skyline 2000 GTR is 124 mph (200 km/h), this car from 0 to 60 accelerates in 8.2 seconds.
- The GTR from the first races dominated Japan’s touring car races from 1969 to 1972, this car scored 50 victories, the majority of these wins were claimed by the PGC10 sedan, due to the oil crisis in 1973 Nissan pulled out of racing.
- In 1969 Skyline GTR cost $4,277 USD it was triple that of a simple non-gtr skyline which in those years cost around $1,617 USD.
- In our days this car estimate price is around 150 000 USD.
- Both Skylines 2000 GTR PGC10 and KPGC10 have a nickname HAKOSUKA, from Japanese HAKO means a box, and SUKA (sukairain) is the shorter word for Skyline.
Check out some facts about Datsun S30 here.
Sources and Links: