- Porsche 912 was manufactured in Europe from 1965 till 1969. This model was the first successful model and influence for 911, Porsche 912 was produced in two body types Coupe and Targa. 912 outsold the 911 during the first few years of production.
- In 1976 Porsche 912E was produced for North America, Porsche made 2092 of the 912E.
- There were 30000 coupes and around 2500 targas produced during 5 manufacturing years.
- This car was very economical the fuel consumption was only 7.8 L/100km (36 mpg).
- Porsche 912 has a 1.6-liter air-cooled 4 cylinders flat engine, which produces 102 HP at 5800 rpm.
- Porsche 912 between 1965 and 1969 cost around 4700 dollars.
- The Porsche made two types of 912 targas, there was “Version I” with a removable roof and heavy transparent plastic window which opens with a zipper. In 1968 new 912 Targa version was produced with a fixed glass rear window.
- Now in our days, Porsche 912 price tag is around 50000 dollars.
Check out some facts about Porsche 356 here.
Sources and Links: