- Porsche 959 manufactured by Porsche from 1986 to 1993;
- At first, Porsche 959 was manufacturing as a rally car, and in 1984 Paris-Dakar Rally finished in 1st place;
- When Porsche 959 was introduced that year it was the world’s fastest street-legal production car;
- top speed of 317 km/h (197 mph), with some variants even capable of achieving 339 km/h (211 mph);
- In 2004, Sports Car International named the 959 number one on its list of Top Sports Cars of the 1980s;
- The Porsche 959 S was a 959 “Sport” with larger turbochargers that increased power output to 515 PS (379 kW; 508 hp) only twenty-nine cars were built;
- The Porsche 959 was not street legal in the United States prior to 1999;
Check out some facts about Porsche 356 here.