Skip to content
- Volkswagen Type 2 (T1) with the split windshield was produced from 1950 to 1967;
- German production stopped after the 1967 model year, however, the T1 still was made in Brazil until 1975;
- First Transporters used the 1100 Volkswagen air-cooled engine which produces 24 hp;
- The Volkswagen Samba, in the United States also known as Sunroof Deluxe, was the most luxurious version of the T1;
- This van has received numerous nicknames worldwide, including the “microbus”, “minibus” and “Hippie van” which become most popular.